Polyurethane and Polyurea Coatings
Polyurethane spray-applied protective coatings for Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) are mainly used on foam architectural moldings and in the theme industry. Developed to replace polyester in FRP applications, it’s superior adhesion to foam applications and non-brittle nature mean no more broken edges or flying debris during cutting. Plus, no delay between sprayings means handling parts is easier, quicker, and safer, too!
Polyurethane coatings have distinct advantages that are important to any installer:
- Fast setting, tack-free handling in seconds.
- Easily accepts primer and finish
- Cost-effective EPS foam protection!
Polyurea spray-applied coatings are used in the industrial market due to excellent chemical and abrasion resistance. Applications include secondary containment, waterproofing, and lining. Polyurea coatings have excellent adhesion to concrete and steel with the proper primer and surface treatment. This fast-setting coating system can be spray-applied smoothly without seams.
Polyurea coatings have distinct advantages that are important to any installer:
- Fast setting time (typically 2-5 minutes cure time) depending on formulation
- Excellent abrasion and scratch resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Very stable in all weather and environmental conditions
- Effective bonding on correctly prepared surfaces like cement, concrete, and metal
You've got questions. We've got answers.
Need advice from a knowledgeable subject matter expert? Want to know more about the services, equipment, or capabilities TSE offers? We can answer any questions you might have. Contact us today!