High school diploma or GED required. A minimum of 5 years proven experience in a mold making or other metals machining environment required.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
- Must be proficient with MANUAL machining equipment.
- Programming CNC machining equipment is a plus but not required including wire & sinker EDM, lathes and mills.
- Must be proficient with hand tools used in metal machining.
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment.
Assists with the manufacture of new molds, tools, dies and fixtures used for producing rubber and plastic parts to blueprint specifications. Repairs and refurbishes existing tooling as needed. The rubber molding methods employed consist of cast, compression, compression transfer, injection and injection transfer. The mold shop also produces tooling for rubber extrusion and assembly work. Other duties may be assigned.
All employees must be able to read, understand and follow all Safety, Quality and Standard Operating Procedures.