Bachelor’s degree; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
*Certified Purchasing Manager Certification (CPM) a plus.
*American Production and Inventory Control Society Certified (APICS) a plus
• Develop key commodity strategies across assigned categories to drive down costs, improve delivery, and maintain a high standard of quality.
• Establish, build and maintain relationships with all key suppliers.
• Perform vendor evaluation and selection.
• Negotiate contracts and pricing including payment terms.
• Develop and maintain metrics.
• Forecast and communicate trends in the markets to other business partners and upper management. Monitor markets, trends, and cost drivers.
• Identify, report, reduce and manage risk in the supply chain.
• Collaborate with R&D to source new and alternate raw materials.
• Evaluate PO ordering process to ensure that order quantities are the most effective possible for material and freight costs.
• Manage sub-contract process.